Régie des rentes du Québec

Questioning or contesting a decision

Call the Régie to obtain more information about a decision

If you have questions about one of the Régie's decisions, you can call us to get an explanation.

To contest a decision rendered by the Régie

If you do not agree with a decision rendered by the Régie concerning child assistance, you can apply for a review. The law provides for a maximum of 90 days from the date of the Régie's decision to make the application.

To apply for a review, you must complete an Application for Review form, or write to the Régie, explaining the reasons in support of the application. Any supporting documents may be included. The application and documents, as well as your social insurance number or the client number shown on the decision being contested, must be sent to the Régie at the following address:
Service de la révision
Régie des rentes du Québec
Bureau 650
Case postale 5200
Québec (Québec) G1K 7S9

If you do not agree with the new decision, you have 60 days to lodge an appeal with the Administrative Tribunal of Québec (TAQ), whose decisions are final and without appeal. A form for this purpose can be obtained by calling the Tribunal, or you can simply write to the Tribunal, explaining the reasons for the appeal.

TAQ Montréal
500, boulevard René-Levesque Ouest, 21e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
Tél.: 514 873-7154
Sans frais: 1 800 567-0278
TAQ Québec
575, rue Saint-Amable, rez-de-chaussée
Édifice Lomer-Gouin
Québec (Québec) G1R 5R4
Tél.: 418 643-3418
Sans frais: 1 800 567-0278

To contact the Services Commissioner

If you are still not satisfied or would simply like to make a comment, you can contact the Régie's Services Commissioner.

  •  Share
  • Top of the page