The Régie des rentes du Québec
The Régie was created in 1965.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Régie also acts as the liaison agency with respect to the social security agreements negotiated with several countries.
It has two main responsibilities under the Supplemental Pension Plans Act:
- ensure that the administration and operation of pension plans is in conformity with the Act
- promote financial planning for retirement
Ministerial responsibility for the Régie
Ms. Agnès Maltais is the minister responsible for the Régie before the National Assembly concerning the application the Act respecting the Québec Pension Plan and the Supplemental Pension Plans Act.
Ms. Nicole Léger is the minister responsible for the administration of the child assistance program under the Taxation Act.
- 3 959 000 contributors to the Québec Pension Plan
- 1 695 000 Québec Pension Plan beneficiaries
- 866 000 families who receive child assistance payments
- 1 380 000 members and beneficiaries of some 1 248 supplemental pension plans
Find out more about who we are...