The Régie des rentes du Québec
The Régie was created in 1965.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Régie is the liaison agency with respect to the social security agreements negotiated with several countries.
The Régie also has the responsibility of promoting financial independence in retirement.
Furthermore, the Régie helps evaluate and create programs related to income security and family policy. In addition, the Régie advises the government on changes to various acts the Régie is responsible for applying.
Ministerial responsibility for the Régie
Mr. Sam Hamad is the minister responsible for the Régie before the National Assembly concerning the application of the Act respecting the Québec Pension Plan, the Supplemental Pension Plans Act and the Voluntary Retirement Savings Plans Act.
Ms. Francine Charbonneau is the minister responsible for the administration of the child assistance program under the Taxation Act.
- 4 058 000 contributors to the Québec Pension Plan
- 1 867 000 Québec Pension Plan beneficiaries
- 862 000 families who receive child assistance payments
- 1 445 000 members and beneficiaries of some 1 084 supplemental pension plans monitored by the Régie
- 897 members from 355 businesses offering a voluntary retirement savings plan.
Find out more about who we are...