Information on the annual information return
As result of the implementation of the
SPP Portal online service, several changes and improvements have been made, making the production of the annual information return (AIR) easier for 2018 and subsequent years.
AIR and the documents required to complete the return online
AIR and where required, the independent auditor's report and the report on supplementary matters, must now be submitted online through the
Only the administrator's representative is authorized to submit the
AIR to Retraite Québec.
Declaration of the plan administrator's representative
The administrator's representative must now confirm before submitting the
AIR that the plan administrator has considered and can attest to the accuracy and veracity of the information contained therein.
The declaration replaces the signatures in the old form in the section entitled Certificate of the signatories.
Context-sensitive help and validation of data
The help boxes (context-sensitive help) are positioned on each line or section that requires explanation; they serve to guide users in correctly completing the online return.
A validation function makes it possible to verify the information and correct any errors before submitting the
If needed, you can consult the
2018 Guide to the Annual Information Return , which contains all the help boxes for each section of the
SPP Portal, including those for the
Contact information of pension committee members
To ensure that written communication is received by pension committee members, Retraite Québec now requests that the residential address of members be entered in the
AIR. Addresses are not visible on the
AIR once it has been saved or printed.
Information concerning the plan administrator, including the contact information of pension committee members, can now be updated at any time through the
SPP Portal. Only the administrator's representative and persons authorized to complete the annual information return have access to that information and are able to update it.
Changes to the 2018 Annual Information Return
- The required fees per member or beneficiary (line 15) are now $10.25
- Appendix 5—Additional information in the 2017 return has been removed and certain questions from that appendix are now in other sections of the 2018 return
- Questions regarding the use of surplus assets of the plan have been amended and moved to the section entitled Statement of changes in the plan's net assets
- Several changes were made regarding the investments to be included (lines 347.1 to 355)
- Appendix 4—Report on investments in the 2017 return has been replaced by the section entitled Administration and investments and several amendments have been made to the content.
For further information, contact us: