To question or contest a decision

For more information about our decision 

If a person questions one of our decisions, he or she can call us for further information.

To contest a decision

If a person is dissatisfied with a decision we have rendered concerning Family Allowance, he or she can file an application for review. The Act provides for a maximum of 90 days from the date on which we rendered our decision.

To file an application for review, the person must complete an Application for Review form. The person filing the application can, if applicable, provide additional proof on which the Social Insurance Number or client number must appear. The documents can be sent to us online or mailed to the following address:

Service de la révision
Retraite Québec
Case postale 7777
Québec (Québec) G1K 7T4

If we have not rendered a decision within 90 days after receiving an application for review (or 180 days if we had to ask for additional information), an appeal can be lodged with the Administrative Tribunal of Québec (TAQ) without waiting for our review decision.

To contest our review decision...

If a person does not agree with the new decision, he or she has 60 days to lodge an appeal with the Administrative Tribunal of Québec (TAQ), whose decisions are final and without appeal. A form for this purpose can be obtained by calling the Tribunal, or a person can simply write to the Tribunal.

TAQ Montréal

500, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, 21e étage
Montréal (Québec)  H2Z 1W7

Telephone: 514 873-7154
Toll-free: 1 800 567-0278

TAQ Québec

575, rue Jacques-Parizeau, Rez-de-chaussée
Édifice Lomer-Gouin
Québec (Québec)  G1R 5R4

Telephone: 418 643-3418
Toll-free: 1 800 567-0278

To contact the Commissaire aux plaintes et à l'amélioration des services

If a person is dissatisfied or would simply like to make a comment, he or she can contact the Commissaire aux plaintes et à l'amélioration des services.

Practical corner

Top of page