We use proven security measures to safeguard the security of all information sent through its online services. By using our services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the following conditions and limitations of liability.
Our role in the reliability and security of electronic transactions
We use the latest technologies and take every precaution to ensure that the information you send through our online services is rigorously protected:
- We authenticate your identity before providing access to services containing your personal information. We do this to ensure that only you can access that information.
- We use a protocol that encrypts your data, thereby assuring your information cannot be read while being transferred.
- We will close your session after 30 minutes of inactivity.
How do you authenticate my identity?
We authenticate your identity with your
clicSÉQUR ID, which is provided after you create your
Once your account is created,
Revenu Québec then transfers, with your permission and in a secure manner, certain information from your files there (your family name, given name, date of birth and social insurance number) to us. We compare that information with what is already in your file. If all the information matches, we confirm your registration and give you access to the requested service.
To obtain a
clicSÉQUR ID, you must have filed an income tax return with
Revenu Québec in recent years.
You also have a role to play
Be vigilant! You are responsible for the information you send us.
- Close your session securely as soon as you have finished using an online service or if you must leave your computer:
- Never share your
clicSÉQUR ID. The Régie will not be held liable for any unauthorized use of your data. If you believe that someone other than you is using or used your ID, contact us immediately to avoid fraudulent use of your identity.
- Be sure your computer has:
- a recent version of a Web browser
- all security patches for your operating system
- reliable and up-to-date anti-virus software
firewall , especially if you have a high-speed connection.
- Be sure you see a
when sending confidential information. If you see an open padlock, there is no guarantee that your information is secure.
Secure use of email
- Never send us an email that contains personal information such as your social insurance number or date of birth.
- Ignore and delete emails that request your personal or financial information. Do the same with emails asking for an access code or password. We will never ask for or send personal information by email.
- Be wary of attachments. Do not open attachments if you are unsure of the contents or unfamiliar with the sender.
This site is subject to Québec law. Any legal dispute related to the use of our online services will be heard by a competent court in the judicial district of Québec, province of Québec, Canada.