How to get your defined contribution or benefit plan changed

You can propose an amendment to your defined contribution or benefit pension plan. Consult the written summary of the plan to find out who can amend the plan and under what conditions. Then send your proposal directly to that person.

Generally, the employer has the power to amend the plan. If so, only the employer can consent to plan changes and assume the resulting responsibilities.

Important ...

Some amendments may have a cost that would result in an increase in the employer contribution or the member contributions.

If the employer agrees to make an amendment to the plan provisions, instructions for taking the amendment into account will be sent to the plan administrator. The administrator will then make an application for registration of the amendment with our agency. The plan members will receive a written notice explaining the amendment and the date it takes effect.

Top of page