Disability and the Québec Pension Plan
Has your health permanently deteriorated to the point that you can no longer work? If you are under age 65 and you made sufficient contributions to the Québec Pension Plan, you could be entitled to disability benefits.
Disability benefits under the Québec Pension Plan
Disability benefits are the following:
- the disability pension, which is paid to a person we have deemed to be disabled
- the pension for a disabled person's child, which is paid for minor (under 18) biological or adopted children of the disabled person or for children who have lived with the person for at least one year
- the additional amount for disability, which is paid to retirement pension beneficiaries who can no longer cancel that pension in order to receive a disability pension.
To find out whether you have made sufficient contributions to be eligible for these benefits and to get an estimate of the disability benefits you could receive, consult your Statement of Participation in the Québec Pension Plan.
- Notify us of any change in situation (e.g. your health improves or you return to work) to avoid having to repay any disability benefit amounts you received without entitlement.
- If your disability was caused by a work-related accident, you must contact the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CSST). If your disability was caused by an automobile accident, you must contact the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ).