Pensions from a foreign country

A Québec citizen who has made contributions to a country that has signed an agreement can ask the BESS to send the country in question the information and forms required to allow him or her:

  • to receive benefits from a foreign pension plan
  • to be entitled, in some cases, to benefits under the Québec Pension Plan.


A worker or the worker's spouse may be entitled to a retirement, disability, surviving spouse's or orphan's pension from a foreign country. However, he or she must:

The amount to which you could be entitled depends on various factors such as the contributions you paid to the plan, the type of plan, etc. Please note that receiving benefits from another country in no way reduces the amount of a pension under the Québec Pension Plan.

Top of page