Filing an Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan
Use the My Account online service to track your request or application whenever you want.
To apply for a disability pension, follow the guide!
Follow these 4 easy steps:
- Download the Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan.
- Complete the form onscreen, following the instructions carefully. Be sure to give your social insurance number.
- Print the form. Mail the first two parts (Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan and Consent Regarding the Release of Medical and Psychosocial Information) to:
Case postale 5200
Québec (Québec) G1K 7S9
- Be sure to complete section 1 of the Medical Report form and send it to your attending physician, who will write the report and send it to Retraite Québec.
For a pension for a disabled person's child
Don't forgot to fill out the section "Pension for a disabled person's child" on the Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan.
- Send us your application form as soon as you have filled it out. Do not wait for the completed Medical Report from your physician. The date on which we receive your application can have an impact on the type of disability benefit that will be payable as well as the starting date of the benefit. For further information, contact the Régie as soon as possible.
- You must pay the fees charged by the physician for preparing the Medical Report.
You can also obtain the Application for Disability Benefits with the Medical Report form:
- At one of the Regie's client service centres
- From Services Québec
- At your Centre local de services communautaires (CLSC)
- At the office of your member of the National Assembly