A child turns 18

In the month following the child's 18th birthday, you will stop receiving the Family Allowance, and if applicable, the Supplement for Handicapped Children. Also, the child will no longer be eligible for the orphan's pension or the pension for a disabled person's child.

However, if your child is working, he or she will start making contributions to the Québec Pension Plan, and this will eventually allow him or her to become eligible for the benefits provided for under the Plan.  

What you must know

Top of page