Child placed by a youth centre

The placement of your child may have an effect on the Family Allowance that you receive.

Impact on your benefits

  • If your child has been placed by a youth centre, you can receive the Family Allowance payment and the Supplement for Handicapped Children if the financial contribution required by the centre is paid. The youth centre will notify us.
  • However, if changes occur in your family situation during the placement, you must notify us.
Top of page