You no longer have custody

If you no longer have custody of a child, you must notify us as soon as possible. The change in custody has an impact on your Family Allowance payments and, if you receive one, on the supplement for handicapped children.

Useful link

Information on the steps to take following a separation or a divorce are available on the Gouvernement du Québec Web portal, under the heading Separation and divorce This link will open in a new window..

Did you know?

Québec has one of the most generous family policies This link will open in a new window. in the world, comparable to those of the United Kingdom, Sweden and Denmark.
Top of page